Wednesday, September 23, 2009

EDM 310 - Wednesday September 23rd

Class,

Today, we will do the following:

1. Talk briefly about the Google Presentations (I sent everyone an email and posted some general comments to our blog)

2. Learn about Audacity from the wonderful Online Learning Lab (OLL)

3. Talk about the blogs that we missed last week

1. Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

2. "It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines

3. Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

A COUPLE OF NOTES -

1. I am going to start looking at your IGoogle pages and RSS Feeds the next two weeks while we get started with Podcasts.

2. I have caught up the grading to this point and want you to check yours and let me know if there is something amiss.

3. I am contemplating making your group do the substantive presentation on the topic you choose for the podcasts. More to follow.


Assignments due on Monday September 28th:

1. Email with your top three topics for our podcasts

2. Blogs about the following

Under September 20th

Watch Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture (1 hour long)

Under September 27th

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung

3. Also, I recommend you download Audacity at home and begin working with it before next week. I have it at home and use it alot and it is FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment